Saturday 19 March 2011

Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken

I've discovered the beauty and convenience of the slow cooker. How have I gone so long with out using one?! I just bought myself a small one and I have to say my first run with it was a complete success. I had been craving lemon roast potatoes for a while now, and for good reason I guess! Here is the recipe that my craving led me to create.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)

7-10 baby potatoes, quartered (or smaller)

2 cups chicken broth

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 vegetable bouillon ( chicken would be fine too)

5 tbsp lemon juice

Dried oregano

Salt and pepper

Lemon pepper or any kind of lemon herb mix

Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the oregano, salt and pepper. If chicken is thawed, rub it in to the chicken as best you can. In a frying pan lightly brown both sides of the chicken (2-3 minutes on each side). Place in your slow cooker pot.

In the same frying pan mix the broth, lemon juice, garlic, bouillon, and lemon pepper or herb mix. Bring to a simmer, whisk until well blended and pour over chicken in the pot.

Chop up potatoes into quarters, but eighths if you want them to cook faster. Place potatoes around chicken in the pot.

Very important!! You need to make sure that the potatoes and chicken are submerged in the liquid or you will be eating crunchy potatoes. Add more broth and a little bit of lemon juice if you need to.

I cooked it on high for 2 hours and low for 3, but low for 6 hours or high for 4 would be fine I think.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment